Sunday, August 9, 2009

Love My Peruvian Companion - teaching him ENGLISH!

sooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! its way different here which didnt surprise me. food is different, classes, people, everything. my days right now are different than the previous three weeks cuz my companion is peruvian! doesnt know a word in english, he´s 25!!!, and he used to be a mototaxista! its so funny cuz i try to teach him english and almost pee myself laughing at how he talks. he has had a rough life and its obvious money has never been present in his life which is so sad but so humbling to me because i see that he is happy and sweet spirited.so once again this email ldsmail crap kicked us all out so now im back starting over but to be honest, i loved the provo mtc so much more than this but this mtc has its plus's. we get to go out our 2nd, 3rd, 5th, and 6th saturdays from 1 to 8 or 9 at night to contact inactives and tract in the streets. every 2 districts go to a ward building and meet up with missionaries from the ward and other leaders from the ward who take us out in companionships which im way excited for!to be honest, friday night and all saturday i was bummed because i just kept imagining what all my family was doing with the whole wedding and reunion but i got through it ha. i wish i were there with all you and hope all is well in all the respective homes of my family, and wish i had the time to write you all but 30 minutes isnt much for a weeks events. miss and love you all!peter-im gonna be sending my 8GB card home cuz a latin kid was messing with my camera like a retard and doesnt know english so somehow he deleted all my pictures which was a very furious moment for me because all my pictures from provo were on it but some techy kid told me theres programs on the internet and also companies that you can send the card to, to retrieve the pictures because all deleting them on the camera does is mark those pictures as though they can be written over so if you dont take any more pictures on the card they can retrieve them so im hoping thats the case!mom-i dont need warm stuff, winter here is a joke. its great weather here in lima right now...sadly no sun much but its all good. OH!!! and i heard a secret that an apostle is coming to speak to us at the end of AUGUST!!!!!!!!!!! way cool! theres 76 missionaries here in our CCM and 3/5ths are latin the other 2/5ths are americans obviously. but yeah, gotta run, love you and miss you. i might be able to write back later so feel free to write back whenever!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment