Thursday, September 24, 2009

In 6 days I will be entering the field. . .YEAH! 9/2/1009

okay so i just got back from the temple and everything is good here with me! i leave in 6 days to my mission and it is so wierd to think im not gonna be with tons of other elders but im so excited and cant wait. my funny story on obedience...last week the night before p-day i didnt have a clean long sleeved shirt which i needed because i would be going to immigration, anyways, i was allowed, only me, to wash that one shirt so i would have it for the next day. since the laundry room dowstairs was unlocked for me and none of the other elders knew, i waited to go when they were in their dorms, and like a clever guy, i just took all my whites and threw them in the washer, and what do you know, the one washer i happened to choose had blue ink on the tub and i didnt see it until after i took my clothes out...but even more random(not random obviously), was that the only piece of clothing that had blue ink on it was the shirt that i was going to use to wear for immigration!!! only on the pocket so i was able to get it out but i learned a nice little lesson there. ha. anyways, i went proseliting with my new companion on saturday in the same ward and it was good, but not as successful as before, which was a bummer, and my companion doesnt understand fully, the fact that we cant always stick to plan, and he gets all frustrated. wierd thing is, he´s from the same ward as elder moore's old companion who used to do the same exact thing. odd side note. not much news this week but i am just prepping to get into the field and work hard and lose myself in this great work! any of my siblings or siblings-in-law who want to email me a little advice for me as i enter the field i would love that. miss you all and thank you all for your great examples to me! keep me in your prayers as i do even when i bless my food for 30 seconds! my family is my motivation here aside from the people im here to serve and i love you all. have a great week and fast for me this sunday if you would as i prepare to enter my first area with my trainer.
-elder nichols

No comments:

Post a Comment