Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Cajamarca - Land of Milk & Cheese... . .5/24/10

the Lord has blessed and trusted me to call me as a zone leader and im now deep into the beautiful mountain town of Cajamarca which is a 7 hour bus ride from 10pm til 5am!(land of milk and cheese) my area is sweet cuz we live like in the city but on the edge so we have city and country side in our area. this is a rich city because of the gold and silver mines. i have constantly thought of you dad here because its the kind of place you and i would both love to travel. it rains literally drops big enough to fill a cup(photo attached). my companion is a guatemalan and is one of my best friends in the mission and i love already the things that i am being able to do in the Lord´s work. i feel so blessed being able to sheperd my companions in this zone and help them fulfill there purpose as i too am trying to do so. the days are going by so much faster, but although we have the little administrative things to do, we feel like the Lord is helping us so much more and were moving forward meeting, teaching, challenging, and preparing families for baptism. we are teaching 7 families and i know the Lord is preparing every step we take :) President Mora this morning in our 2 hour phone conference as zone leaders talked about Alma 42/43 and i know the Lord was helping me realize why im working hard, (42)so that the Lord´s atonement can take effect in my life and (43) that the fight that im putting up against Satan and his army like the Nefites is to protect my family, myself, and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It uplifted me so much that i want you to all read those chapters and apply it to your lives so that the struggles we go through have more meaning and we have more strength to overcome them.
I miss and love each and every one of you (all who read this)
May the Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ bless you all in your daily struggles
Ether 12:27,37 / Alma 8:15 (Mom and Dad I LOVE YOU)
Elder Kyle Favero Nichols

No comments:

Post a Comment