Saturday, January 8, 2011

GOOD BYE Huamachuco 12/13/10



welp these last few days were hard but joyful. i had the priviledge of ending my time here with a baptism! also the 1st counselor from the Otuzco branch, my first area, came to visit with his wife, who was my first pensionist Hna. Esther :) Elder Morales and I spoke and like the little girl I am, as much as I was determined not to cry, ended with a tearful testimony. hate that! ha, but yeah got to my room last night to send in the key indicators and got a surprise call from President Turk, asking if i would accept the call to serve as zone leader again in the southern most part of the mission, with another young elder who has a year! Elder Erickson will be my comp, he is a great kid, from Portland, OR and we will have the largest zone in the mission, which covers two stakes and we have the goal to make a 3rd district with the 4 branches that are in those two stakes so i am WAY excited to work with a lot more missionaries now in place of working more with members, to help them fulfill their purpose and responsibility as servants of the Lord. cant wait to talk to you all and wil be happy to fill you in on a lot! tonight i will be having a little go away Family Home Evening in the casa capilla, instead of doing it in a members house like every other monday! the people are all sad as i am, and dropping off my clothes to be washed in the morning, Hna Leonor just started crying and i felt like i was abandoning my brothers and sisters, but as President Turk told me, i did my duty, and the Lord has new tasks for me. i love the Lord and His Atoning Sacrifice, and thanks to His Resurrection, we will be able to live forever as happy families alongside Him and our Heavenly Father. I know that the Book of Mormon is literally the only thing that holds me together, and is the only tool that truly brings the lost sheep back to our Savior´s fold. i miss and love you all with all my heart!
Elder Kyle Favero Nichols
photos
  1. a new Alejandra
  2. the elders with Alejandra ( our cook)

No comments:

Post a Comment