Saturday, January 8, 2011

So here comes the best email of my whole mission! Prepare yourselves, Here it is! 11/29/10

well talk about truly happy for everything right now. yesterday we ended the week very well! Last Tuesday we had to go to Trujillo for interviews with President and those were the best! We practiced some of the Christmas carols and Sister Turk is so legit that she did some Preach My Gospel trivia with american cereal as prizes and i came back with some bomb Cap´n Crunch´s Crunch Berries(photo attached)
So i had/have been raising my voice about the need of leadership visits to the Family Group for some time, seeing that in my 6 months here not one branch or stake leader has come, so there are tons of members who have had worthiness problems, and i only have authority to interview to see needs and encourage, not deal with worthiness. apart from that, with tithing and fast offerings, the poor members want to give but i cant receive(unless given authorization...has only happened 3 times) so great blessings are being withheld from them, SAD/BAD, and i have felt like my hands are tied behind my back but the members are great and i have been doing my best to keep all organized and people happy and progressing. all-in-all it has all payed off and i can only thank the Lord. President told me Tuesday that i will be leaving the 15th of December(don´t want to!) and that my efforts have arrived to the hands of the Prophet and i am excited to inform you all that Saturday two brethren came from the Trujillo East Stake high council and interviewed many members, Sunday spoke on some important themes, and after the meetings interviewed some more members. then after lunch we went on splits in small groups with members and visited the inactives and all went well and was in preparation for next weekend when the stake presidency comes to ordain some brethren to the Aaronic Priesthood and a few to the Melchezidek!!!!!!!!!!!!! and most important of all, announce the organization of a branch and establish a 3 hour meeting block with Priesthood and Relief Society!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The First Presidency approved it last week as i was told by the area seventy Saturday, so all the materials that have never existed will be arriving as well.
I can´t express my happiness and the great part patience has played in my missionary life!
The great news continues and i am glad to tell you that yesterday we invited 8 people to baptism and all accepted. A 21 year old girl Alejandra who is so sweet and humble(very poor) cooks for us in our pension and will be baptized saturday, and sister Lupe who has been inactive for 15 years(member from Trujillo who moved here years ago) came back and is so happy, and her two kids Ailton 12, and Cyomarah 8, will be baptized my last Saturday here, the 11th of Dec., along with the Familia Galdos Robles (dad Angel, mom Santos, daughter Janet 13, son Fernando 10, and son Luis 8) who will be married the 10th and baptized 11th! (Angel, the dad of this family is the brother to Agustina Cruz, mom of the familia Cruz, who Elder Del Aguila and i baptized)
I am pretty sure you can all feel my joy and see my smiling face, so just keep praying for me, those listed, and the soon to be Huamachuco Branch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love you all with all my heart and know your prayers have blessed me and all i do!
Saturday when my comp was testifying about families, i realized how blessed i am for you all and your magnificent examples, seeing that my comps parents are seperated and he hasnt been able to see the same blessings in his life, i feel even more happy!
The Book of Mormon is the key to every lock and it is blessing and strengthening me every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment